An Abundance of Katherines

Title : An Abundance of Katherines
Author : John Green
Rating : 4 Stars

When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type happens to be girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. He's also a washed-up child prodigy with ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a passion for anagrams, and an overweight, Judge Judy-obsessed best friend. Colin's on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which will predict the future of all relationships, transform him from a fading prodigy into a true genius, and finally win him the girl. Letting expectations go and allowing love in are at the heart of Colin's hilarious quest to find his missing piece and avenge dumpees everywhere.

Source : Goodreads 

 

This book have the most abrupt twist story that I've ever read! Who could have thought that someone can make a theorem for the Dumpers and Dumpees. Knowing that there are this circumstances that one can logically form a solution to the never ending problem of love, which is none other than getting your heart broken.

I see Colin as an optimistic guy, because after those failed relationships that he had, he still has the guts to create a Eureka moment and create something that will make everyone realize the reasons and the possible outcomes of getting dumped. It is definitely hard, considering he had 19 relationships in the past and still can't find the right girl that will last. He keeps on searching and studying if there will be any solutions to it. Well if you've really been hurt for so many times, maybe prevention is the only cure of it. Knowing how the relationship will last, it could be efficient I suppose.

John Green always have this kind of uniqueness that will make you think there is something more of it. The reasons behind everything that keeps on happening on us, whether it is getting dumped or dumped by someone is that people usually think love is something that will just keeps on moving forward. But I think it's not like that when you've been truly in love someone. That's what I think Colin feels, maybe that's why he was devastated of all those break-ups that he had.

It was a great compelling read, I learned many things on this book! I swear! Math, romantic relationships, friendship and acceptance. I keep on smiling at myself knowing that there are other things in life that makes me realize that there me be something more behind. Being a dumper or a dumpee, I keep on thinking if which I was on those two categories its really hard and can make me think very deepy what happened from what I remembered. It was nostalgic and it felt so good.

Share:

0 comments