Mila 2.0

Mila 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)Title : Mila 2.0
Author : Debra Driza
Rating : 4 Stars!

Hardcover, 480 pages
Published March 12th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books
ISBN : 0062090364 (ISBN13: 9780062090362)
Mila 2.0 is the first book in an electrifying sci-fi thriller series about a teenage girl who discovers that she is an experiment in artificial intelligence.

Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past—that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila’s becoming is beyond anyone’s imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life.

Mila 2.0 is Debra Driza’s bold debut and the first book in a Bourne Identity-style trilogy that combines heart-pounding action with a riveting exploration of what it really means to be human. Fans of I Am Number Four will love Mila for who she is and what she longs to be—and a cliffhanger ending will leave them breathlessly awaiting the sequel.
 


Source : Goodreads 

"This was what I'd been created for. There was no reason for me to be afraid" 

It's been a while since I've read a full-action packed novel. Actually, I can't remember when was the last time I did. These days, my mind was on young-adult and dystopian books, I'm also waiting for some upcoming books within those genres. As I was searching for new books to read, EpicReads has been posting some new debut novels and authors on their twitter account, the I suddenly saw this enormous and mysterious cover of a girl. Mind you, I was totally captivated with the cover. Whoever made that cover which captured my attention, two-thumbs up for your great talent.
The story is narrated from the point of view of MILA. She was confused from the start on what really happened when her father died. Her memories was when fire engulfed her father leaving her into oblivion when she survived. Mila strives to move forward together with her Mom. They've stayed on Clearwater for good, for them to refresh the memories of their past. But as Mila tries to forget all about it, she can't help herself to see the same event of the accident. And as she went on, there are some unknowable things that keeps on happening on her, which makes her totally different. Until she realized that she's an Android made for military. All of it seems irrational for her, because at the core of her life, she felt human.

Wow! Mila 2.0 brings an intensifying scenes within my head. It brings me into such a tremendous events at the course of the story. The beginning of the story is quite blurred for me actually, I can't totally imagine all the characters which makes it difficult for me to continue, but as I continued on reading it, Mila was made into perfection. No one noticed how different she was inside and out. She's human all over. She was uniquely made with feelings, but not just ordinary feelings, all of it are natural within Mila. It's not her machine-like responses tell her what to feel, her feelings flows uncontrollably. That's what makes this novel a defiant one. Mila 2.0 withstands a futuristic genre that combines an action-packed scenes and commence an unconditional love.

I felt goosebumps everytime Mila sensed a natural responses of her android features. It felt different for me since I also felt Mila is a human everytime I read her inner thoughts. How she made decisions to protect her mother. To protect herself. It raises up my mind everytime there are bold texts on the course of the story. The features of her body and the way her body functions together her responses within her environment. It's very exceptional. I swear.

Her Mom gives such a great impact one me. The way she protects Mila at all costs, Debra Driza naturally wrote an exceptional Mom for Mila. Her Mom, Nicole sees and feels everything inside Mila. Every bit of humanity within Mila, she feels it. I loved her for that. Another thing that I think highly of Nicole, her bravery and courage from the day she managed to steal Mila from General Holland from the start. I admired the way Nicole gives in with the responsibility of taking care of Mila.

Last but not the least, the boys on this novel. As a matter of fact there hasn't been much romantic and mushy moments upon the novel. But I bet the second book will bring fire romance out of it. Back from the boys, the two boys I mean, Lucas and Hunter. Ah, two different boys. I imagine Lucas having those soft-heartened blue eyes of his. His very captivating talents on summarizing the test while watching Mila. The other one, Hunter, a ruggedly handsome and adventurous one as I imagined. I loved how these two characters reacts the same with Mila. They see and feel her as a human. 

Overall, Mila 2.0 encompasses a pioneering story that grips every readers at the very end. It's also views an ultra-modern theme of a novel that you'll ever read. An exceptional novel in every bit of ways. Mind you, the end of the novel is a total cliffhanger, I can't help myself to think what will happen next on Mila.
 

Share:

0 comments