Summer Shadows

*images are from Pinterest*


Title: Summer Shadows (Benedict - Savant#6)
Author: Joss Stirling
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Published July 7th 2016

Synopsis

Summer lives under a terrible shadow. It drains her, manipulates her, and threatens to steal her future.

A high-stakes mission offers a temporary escape. She must use her mind-shadowing abilities to hunt down her target and find the truth.

Hal Robinson is a soldier. He does not get distracted. He wins. But what Hal wants begins to shift once he meets Summer.

They must learn to trust each other if they are going to protect the Savant community. But will their secrets allow them to find a happy ending of their own?

Source: Goodreads

"I guess we all have those things inside us. Best to shine a light on the dark spots. Takes away their power."

Way back in 2012, my cousin introduced me to Finding Sky. I immediately fell in love with this series since then. The characters and their personalities are so unique, not to mention the idea of finding out your soulfinder.  I swear this is one of the most underrated series that I have. 

If you are totally new at this series, I highly suggest if you want paranormal and kick-ass characters this is the book that you should grab. Savant's are people who have exceptional and unique abilities the day they were born, also they are tied to their soulfinder.  A Soulfinder is equal to a soulmate, but there is more to this. Discovering one's soulfinder is tricky and challenging, it's not a simple click that triggers them in an instant. This is what hooked me up from the beginning.

Summer Shadows is the final book of Joss Stirling's Savant series. Majority of the Benedict brother's have found their soulfinders, it is a happy ending if you would think about it. Victor, one of the oldest brother is having conflicts in finding his soulfinder. Summer can see a clearer picture of every Savant's. She's one of the few Savant's that can visit a mind and command them to her will. She can see their innermost pain and despair. Which means there is no hiding when it comes to Summer.

The final book takes us far from London. Afghanistan is the center place of the event here. With Victor's sudden expedition alone to find his soulfinder, Summer is the only one who can trace him. She joined Benedict's to help them to find Victor, along with this, they are teamed with Robinson's. Lucas, Scott and Hal Robinson are an elite soldiers. Summer and Hal's personality are totally different and contradicting. I already felt an enemies-to-lovers from this point, and I was already interested to see when I saw how these characters adapt to each other.

"In retrospect, when I look at the bad in the world, very often I find there is some mercy at work under it all,  some good that can be drawn out of it."
It is fast-paced, exciting, and hypnotizing. It's not only Summer and Hal that I only had a peek of how life-changing it is to find a soulfinder. I also saw all of Benedict's soulfinder bond which I find an absolute page-turner. Summer Shadow is much more action-packed, fun and romantic! 

Share:

0 comments