Shatter Me

Title : Shatter Me
Author : Tahereh Mafi
Rating : 5 Stars

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


 Source : Goodreads 

Wow! I was blown away after reading this, not literally but mentally. (Of course, of course. Silly little kid!) It just fluttered my mind with everything that I imagined the world of Juliette could be. It was astonishing and astounding debut novel that makes me devour to unveil their powers and revelations. Every chapters never fails me to mesmerize every details of the emotions of Juliette. It just welcomes my mind to a new world full of disaster and to keep fighting and survive until the end.

Juliette
I firstly imagined her on the still whiteness of the asylum. Being caged. The awful feeling of loneliness, guilt and freedom. Well she definitely devours the most of freedom, to be free and touch everyone without killing them is what she keeps on thinking about. She also possesses a brave soul that will keep on fighting and move forward for her right. I also see her being vulnerable at sometimes, but still she shows her bravery in front of people. She may seem like an innocent kid when it comes to romantic love because there is some confusing feelings she has between Adam and Warner. This character have a fierce determination to change the world and set her freedom.

Adam
The muscular (yes, it's my first description!), composed, brave, determined, and passionate young man keeps me on wanting him more and more. His love towards Juliette is so oozing with sexiness and full of passion. He shows no fear in every trouble and has a dedicated heart to protect his brother and Juliette. It shows he was one of the elite trained soldiers that will give anything for the one he loves. I am so in love with this guy right now! Adam has a pandemic generosity (am i right on that?) which makes me feels so relieved everytime he is with Juliette. This character has an infinite wits to solve anything even in dire situation that keeps me on admiring him. I will keep and eye on this one for the next book.
Warner
I know some readers love and adores a bad guy but for me, I wasn't. He's the kind of guy that is so stubborn and his mindset is full of darkness and cruelty. He thinks that the only way for the world to be organized and be in order is to force them to move to what they wanted and needed. Well I won't deny that these trait is what makes him very Hot and Daring. There is something with Warner that keeps me on reading the book, I think I was hoping that in the middle or ending part he might change his decisions. But it won't be thrilling if it just end that way, right?

The Reestablishment
A place full of law and orders, it's the place where Warner, Adam, and soldiers and some other families are gathered on creating a new alternative plan to wash out all the stains of the past. I imagined it as a very high building full of equipment and training rooms for the soldiers. It gives me sudden creeps everytime Warner keeps on introducing Juliette to the other parts of it. It's full of despair and it hungers for freedom and uniqueness to create a new world.

Omega Point
It was introduced on the latter part but I get to imagined a peaceful and organize place full of survivors and people who have gifts like Juliette. It is all neatly organized and the schedules and rooms are in order. Exactly what a safe place should be. I feel that there is more that what I imagined on this hideout. I feel that it took almost a lifetime to establish a place as safe and isolate like that. Castle is definitely great, intelligent, and efficient in making it.

Overall, I still have a book hang-over on this. Good grief, while I am waiting for Unravel Me I can proceed to Destroy Me. I feel there is an action part of it. Thank you, Tahereh Mafi for creating a new world and astounding characters.

Share:

0 comments