The Elite

The Elite (The Selection, #2)Title : The Elite (The Selection # 2)
Author : Kiera Cass
Rating : 4 Stars

Hardcover, 323 pages
Published April 23rd 2013 by HarperTeen
ISBN : 0062059963 (ISBN13: 9780062059963)
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Source : Goodreads 

How did this person-someone I'd imagined would be my polar opposite-always seem to find the things that would make me the happiest.

Imagine yourself being swept around after reading the first book, then suddenly the second book contains too much desperation, courage, revelation, and ozzing with so much romance. It feels like you're close enough on touching the characters. That's the exact feeling I felt after reading the second book of The Selection series, The Elite.

It started to be quite predictable since almost all people in the palace knows that she's the "Prince's Favorite", America will definitely have more swooning scenes for Your Majesty, Prince Maxon. But as the competitions gets too tight, the course of the story became very unpredictable for me. And I loved how I keep on turning the page over and over until I reach the end of every chapter.

Every chapters were very much indulging. One chapter, I was being dragged by America and Maxon's emotions, then the another chapter brings me to America and Aspen, and then the next chapter brings me into the deep history of Illea. Finishing every chapter is deeply satisfying yet I can't help myself to read more of it.

The Elite also brings me closer to Maxon's insights of his life and emotions to the Selection, the girls, and America. Well being surrounded on a pool full of lovely young ladies requires a big amount of composure and responsibility to any man. Maxon clearly shows his respect and curtsy to all ladies. But he sure knows when to give a special attention and time to America. One thing that I adore on Your Majesty, Prince Maxon is his ability to find all ways to be with America from the start of The Selection series. I love that part of him.

Aspen sure did gives a round-house kick on The Elite. Not that he did it on the book physically, but his moves to be with America even if its just a small amount of time surely brings an impact on me. This guy is one hell of a tempting  soldier to love. America sure is tempted to break all the rules to be with him. (Who wouldn't be)

Since the love triangle is clearly made within the first book, America became more confused on her feelings towards the two young lads. It's surprisingly unpredictable for America when she will decide to give her heart. But in the midst of it, she's still aware of her duties as a member of The Elite, her duties and responsibilities. That's why I loved on America she never let her love emotions conflicts her responsibilities for Illea.

There is another part that made me totally in love with The Elite other than the love triangle, it was the love that ignites between Marlee and Carter. I'm not sure if other readers take some attention to it, but to me, it made a huge impact on me. Because in the middle of the competition and the rebellion, Kiera Cass managed to create another love story for couple that portrays passion and dignity. I was in love by the short story of Carter and Marlee. 

The Elite is definitely the sequel that marks another beginning of the castes, the upcoming new generation of a nation, and a love that will clears out all the complications that appears. It also brings an undeniable sensation on how the characters can cope up the situation in which they realize that the nation was built by greed and pride.
  

Share:

0 comments