Starry Nights


https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12ae44b612&view=att&th=1401646bed5ca9bc&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hjk2jgeq0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9WFW1EdDdv-PCMOknIo2Bb&sadet=1376022869839&sads=iVL_9-QwPtm9l90VhnG_EwqZN4Y
The Starry Nights Book Tour is hosted by Dianne @ Oops! I Read a Book Again
Thanks a lot Dianne for inviting me on this tour and to Daisy Whitney for writing a splendid novel!
Starry Nights
Title : Starry Nights 
Author : Daisy Whitney 
Rating: 4 Stars!
Hardcover, 288 pages
Expected publication: September 3rd 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
ISBN : 1619631334 (ISBN13: 9781619631335)
Source Copy: Borrowed from Dianne 

Seventeen-year-old Julien is a romantic—he loves spending his free time at the museum poring over the great works of the Impressionists. But one night, a peach falls out of a Cezanne, Degas ballerinas dance across the floor, and Julien is not hallucinating.

The art is reacting to a curse that trapped a beautiful girl, Clio, in a painting forever. Julien has a chance to free Clio and he can't help but fall in love with her. But love is a curse in its own right. And soon paintings begin to bleed and disappear. Together Julien and Clio must save the world's greatest art . . . at the expense of the greatest love they've ever known.

Like a master painter herself, Daisy Whitney brings inordinate talent and ingenuity to this romantic, suspenseful, and sophisticated new novel.A beautifully decorated package makes it a must-own in print.
 


Source : Goodreads

"Okay, so we'll go together," I say, and it hits me - I have to witness my own execution. I'll have to watch her fall out of love with me.
- Julien


First, I'd like to thank Dianne for including me to this book tour. *you're awesome!* Second, I'd like to give a virtual shout  to Daisy Whitney for creating such a piece of art within Starry Nights!

Starry Nights is so wonderful to read. I do not mean it as a fairy-tale genre or just plain romance, I loved how it combined arts and literature in a splendid manner. It feels like the story is gradually stroking the paintbrush in creating such a masterpiece as it reaches on the end.

Okay, I'm not specifically a fan of arts but I'm familiar to some artists being included on the book - because of Starry Nights I felt closer to different artists. It feels a whole lot more compelling to read since the way the author describes every paintings, I felt like I was inside the museum. It brings me close enough to the world of arts.

Julien is unlike the boys that I read from other books, the usual boys that I read so far are badass-hot one, geeky, mysterious, and rebellious types and the like. But the character of Julien, he's such a perfect man for me. I even wanted him to come out of the book and be with me instead. (Yeah, I'm highly the possessive type to my fictional boyfriends). He's a guy who sees the art as the most priceless and eternal thing that ever made in the record of humanity. He clings to art as life itself. He's familiar to every painter and their masterpieces together with the stories behind it. It's magnificent to read a type of guy like that.

Clio, she's also different from other female characters that I've read. She's so modest and mysterious. Well she's a Muse after all, bringing inspirations for the artists to create aspiring pieces of art. It enchanting to read [and see] Clio helping the artists - communicating to the famous painters and giving so much love on their masterpieces. I felt light-headed when she was talking effortlessly on some artists, because it feels like art is just beyond reach to anyone by just reading Starry Nights.

The last and enchanting part of Starry Nights, of course, none other than the Artists, mainly on this story which are Renoir and Valadon. I swear I'm not familiar with these artists and their masterpieces, but after I read Starry Nights, I was like,"How come I was not familiar to these artists almost half of my life?!?" I even googled their works right after, and Daisy Whitney nailed it on describing every details of art upon every artist. I've fallen in love with arts at that time.

Starry Nights is a piece of art every readers wanted to possess. It might surprise you on what the characters are willing to sacrifice for the sake of love and art. It also shows a wonderful streak of romance that bloomed which was interconnected by arts.

(Really? That's the reason behind Mona Lisa's smile? Seriously? Should've known. :D)

 

Share:

2 comments

  1. Thank you so much for joining the tour, Leslie! And I'm so glad you loved it! In behalf of Daisy, thank you as well! Great review and I hope your readers will go pick up Starry Nights because of your awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope some readers will have an interest of it. just spreading the love..<3333

    ReplyDelete