Anna and The French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Title : Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss # 1)
Author : Stephanie Perkins
Rating : 5 Stars!!!

Paperback, 372 pages
Published August 4th 2011 by Speak (first published December 2nd 2010)
ISBN : 0142419400 (ISBN13: 9780142419403)
Source copy : National Bookstore 

Synopsis :

Can Anna find love in the City of Light?
Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?


Source : Goodreads  

“I'm saying I'm in love with you! I've been in love with you this whole bleeding year!” 
-Etienne St. Clair 

Okay, I'll admit that I am very late that I started and finished reading Stephanie Perkin's first book. Believe me, shame is crawling all over me the moment I finished this. Because, I should have started reading this years ago. Shame on me. Shame on me. *hides under the blanket*

Once you entered on your teenage year, you will expect a whirlwind of complications. Peer pressure, crushes and deciding on doing your dreams. Pretty simple and precise to solve if you will think about it. But on Anna and The French Kiss it is a lovely wild moment to enter with it.

Anna Oliphant was forced to continue her studies in Paris. To some teenagers, they are probably screaming and tumbling out of joy but for her, it is almost equal into stumbling into a deep hole of nothingness. First, she doesn't speak French so how in a majestic possible way she can understand it. Second, she'll be away with her young brother, friends and her long-time crush which really is frustrating.

At that point, I feel curious how Paris will look like simply by words. And it is really extravagant to see how my mind can perceive the city and streets of Paris. The cinema, school, cafe and Notre Dame feels so close to me and I can picture the feeling of being exactly there. In which I feel very jealous. One thing that totally makes me feel foreign within the story is the French words and phrases, obviously. I don't have any idea how to pronounce it correctly. It is really a blessing to read silently, within our minds. No one can hear the erroneous pronouncement that I've been doing.

As Anna gradually learns to live in Paris, she met different people that has a surprising traits. This is the very idea of the characters that I adore on this book. In just one city, I already met different people. It's more than hitting two birds with just one stone. It looks like Anna almost got her second family in Paris. It is real. They fight, love, and confess to each other. It wonderful to see how Anna gradually envelopes the norms of Paris. She was learning to be with Paris. As well as me, just a mere reader of course. 

Enter Etienne St. Clair and I am almost banging up my head to every walls of my grandmother's bedroom. (It's comfortable in there.) But you see, I don't have the guts to do that in front of her, she will know how crazy I am. I am amazed by how Stephanie Perkins elevate this guy into an absolute boyfriend material. It wasn't even included on the book how his body looks like outside those precious clothes. Anna was all stating the fact how Etienne's hair are so smooth and then boom...I am picking my heart that suddenly bursts. Nevertheless, I am really fond of Etienne once Anna described him. She was just stating the facts of his face, hair, posture and the way he speaks,  nothing more or less, but still I've fallen in love with the character of Etienne.

The very sparkling moment that I adore on Anna and the French Kiss is the idea of falling in love and facing rejection repeatedly. It's not just Anna and Etienne who faced this things. Their friends also felt the same thing yet, they all have different insights and reactions to cope up with it. Maybe there are people who were mature to handle those things, but these characters were very exceptional on dealing with it.

Anna and the French Kiss is such a lovely book. Simple as that. But inside this, you'll be in Paris and look upon characters who were afraid to change but they faced it eventually. This is a compiled book of twisted romance, rejection and bravery to stand up for the person who suddenly you can call your "home".


"Did someone says Etienne?"
 

Share:

1 comments

  1. Must have been a fun read. If you think you’re late in reading this, you got that wrong. I haven’t even bought a copy yet...I borrowed my friend’s but didn’t even open it. LOL

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete