Renegade (MILA 2.0 #2)

Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)Title : Renegade
Author : Debra Driza
Rating : 5 Stars!!!

Hardcover, 448 pages
Expected publication: May 13th 2014 by Katherine Tegen Books
ISBN : 0062090399 (ISBN13: 9780062090393)
Synopsis:
There is no one left for Mila to trust. Except for a boy she barely knows.

But Hunter has no idea who—and what—Mila really is. She can’t bear to reveal her secret, even though he’s unwittingly joined her search for Richard Grady, a man who may know more details of Mila’s complicated past.

Yet the road to the truth is more dangerous than ever. With General Holland and the Vita Obscura scouring the earth for her whereabouts, Mila must rely on her newfound android abilities to protect herself and Hunter from imminent harm. Still, embracing her identity as a machine leads her to question the state of her humanity—as well as Hunter’s real motives.

Perfect for fans of I Am Number Four and Divergent, this action-packed and heart-wrenching second installment of MILA 2.0 will leave readers breathlessly awaiting the series conclusion.
 

Source : Goodreads 
"I know it's a lot to take in, but he's right. I am the one who came up with the plan that brought you into existence. Amazing, huh?" 
- Read it, then you'll know who said this. *evil laugh* 
I admit that after I finished reading it, I just searched the meaning of the title. Pretty weird, huh? So by all means, if you'll start reading it (which you better should) the meaning is this...
 
ren·e·gade  
: someone or something that causes trouble and cannot be controlled 
(according to Merriam Webster Dictionary)

Definitely gives you an idea of the sequel right now? Mila 2.0 ended full of tragedy, anger and despair. Most importantly, its overflowing with revenge. In which I am so much hungry for the sequel. Fortunately I have plenty of time to continue on reading it. And I feel like the luckiest human in the world to have that once in a week I have infinite time to read. Because when you are working and when you get home, you either a.) read a book or b.) sleep. *dead tired*

Anyway, as I was saying/typing, the first book gave me so much heart pounding action with little romance. So I was waiting for any event that will make my heart do flip ups.

What definitely bears so much with the female protagonist, Mila, it is her architecture. The way she accepts her pseudo heart pounding that keeps her alive rather working mechanically, is prodigiously heart stopping. I was drawn into her emotions. Love, hate, anger, regret, anguish and happiness and everything that human also felt, she's aware with all of it which makes her very magnificent. Mila has a battle of her own and it precisely what humans are.

Another factor that I loved in the sequel, it is her realization that although she's made up to be a military equipment, a machine created into perfection, she knows her flaws. In spite of that as Mila grew up within the sequel, it is very ravishing to see her discovering her new abilities as an android. All of it were like rapid fire information that takes a lot of time to take in.

As for Hunter, Debra Driza nailed not just a handsome and irresistible guy, but also a sensible and valiant one willing to protect and accept Mila. On Renegade, he became much more familiar for me. I discovered the way he speaks, walks, smile, grin and shout. These are just simple things of course. But these are one of the elements that I clearly loved with him. His decisions at first were kinda blurred but as the story moves on, DANG IT. I just fall head over heels with this man. His perception is fascinating, he is outrageously romantic! I mean it.

Renegade is not just a sequel. It's the UPGRADE that my eyes are really craving for. You'll definitely felt the action-packed and thrilling scenes in every chapter with a mix of romance. It's one of the most unexpected book that I've read about a girl wanting to be nothing more than a human. The sequel will leave you thinking how on earth can this android escape what she has become. 


Share:

0 comments