Top Ten Books of 2014

Just like what people says, "Time flies so fast". Now that we celebrate the new year - 2015, I'd like to backtrack the books that made my 2014 so much brighter. Although there are characters who died, I still felt perfect to read them all. What's important is how the book makes me feel more human, flooding with too many emotions.


Selecting the best books is a bit hard, given that all of them has its unique impact on me.

Here are my Top Ten list of 2014

1. Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor


This is one kind of a powerful book that marked its way to The Fault In Our Stars on me. This follows the friendship of two teenage girls who were faced to deal with a terminal disease and conflicts that came along it. The story was so warm yet full of heartaches. Also, there are medical terms that made me realize how difficult it was to be in their situation. I even cried in the middle of the book to be frank. I still find it hard to move on with the death of a character, it's something I'll find hard to deal with easily.

2. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer Smith


Many girls already read this one. I am dead sure of it. This took me into different places - the title says it all. This follows the unexpected encounter of a girl and a boy being stuck in an elevator that end up in a whirlwind of romance and long distance relationship. This is not just an ordinary romantic love story, rather, you can feel the gap, distance between them and the heartstrings that connects them at the same time. I know it's weird but isn't that what love really feels like?

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


Everyone loved Anna and Lola, so when Isla came out, the whole population *as far as I know* went wild to get a hold of the advance copy of this one. And I'm very much thankful to all the people behind the reason I got an ARC of this. Isla and the Happily Ever After is such a brilliant romantic novel. This continues the spin off with Anna upon meeting Isla. It's not just about first love, this one entails the maturity of the two teenagers being able to grab on with their sudden relationship. 

4. Catalyst by SJ Kincaid


If you happened to follow my blog and my Twitter for such a long time, you are fully aware of how much I am so addicted to the Insignia series. But if you haven't and you stumbled upon reading this blog, I am commanding you TO READ THE INSIGNIA SERIES and let's be friends automatically. Catalyst is the final boom of the Insignia trilogy. This follows the male protagonist, Tom on being one of the combatant of Intrasolar Forces which lead him to have a neural processor which was inserted in his brain to became more than just an ordinary combatant. The last book continues and ended into such an epic ending and sacrifice. What I ultimately loved on this series is that it is full of strategy to defeat ones enemy in a speed of light and time. All responses are equivalent with grave consequences. 

5. Misty Falls by Joss Stirling


Aside from the Insignia trilogy, I am overly attached with Joss Striling's creation of Benedict Brothers. By the heavens above I can do anything just to have any of them in reali life. The three previous books of this series were mainly focused on the Benedict's, but Misty Falls continues with one of the characters from the previous book, Seeking Crystal. This follows Misty who has a savant ability to distinguish if the person is lying or not and she herself can't tell a lie. From this point she was squeezed in with a family being encircled with treachery. Joss Stirling always has the ability to somersault every part of my veins on this book.

6. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson


 image from peggyn265.wordpress.com

If I can describe a book as a human, I'll interpret this book as a strong, beautiful and independent lady. This follows Tiger Lily upon meeting and falling in love with Peter Pan. I always see Peter Pan as one of the bravest character I've ever read since I was a kid, but upon reading this I suddenly felt how a brave character has its weakness and how he deals with it by holding to the one who is much braver. 

7. We Were Liars by E.Lockhart


I WILL BE FOREVER MINDBLOWNED WITH THIS. THE END.

8. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray


This is the first book that I ever read on her and I am looking forward for more. This one made my mind jumping up and down into different dimensions. I loved the way she described the places that protagonist went into and the rules within it. My brain easily grasped the principles from all those places they jumped into. And that's a hundred points for me. Plus, Paul Markov is to die for.

9. White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Hot guys? Ravishing abilities? Cute little pet names? You want it, you got it! White Hot Kiss has all of those elements. Aside from this, I saw the beauty of the love-hate relationship of Roth and Layla. And yes, I AM ON TEAM ROTH. This is the first book I read from her and now I realize why book bloggers are so crazy everytime a book of her comes out. She has a unique writing style when it comes on recreating themes. Simply majestic.

10. Wings By Elizabeth Richards


I was surprised with the plot twist that Elizabeth planned all throughout the trilogy. Wings is the final book of the Black City trilogy and what makes this one remarkable is the way she reinvented vampires. This continues the journey of the protagonist in making a revolution to stop Purian Rose, the root of all evil. And once I made it through the plot twist, I strangely felt so pity towards Purian Rose. Elizabeth Richards wrote an edge to justify the antagonists emotions.

That's all of it! It's been a wonderful 2014 that I had with my book blogger friends and tweeting with new authors. I had the best time ever, day and night. 

Above all of these, LET'S MAKE NEW MEMORIES THIS 2015! :D

Share:

2 comments

  1. I have yet to read all of those books you listed above! Especially Maybe one day, We were Liars and On the Fence. Sigh.

    Great list! Was We were liars really that good?! Now I regret not buying it sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although its not a thick book like everyone else, it is full of mystery even when you reached the end. I'm sure you'll love it. :)

      Delete