I'll Give You The Sun

I'll Give You the SunTitle : I'll Give You The Sun
Author : Jandy Nelson
Rating : 4.5 Stars!!!

Published September 16th 2014 by Dial Books
ISBN : 0803734964 (ISBN13: 9780803734968)
 
Synopsis : 

A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell

Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.

  
Source : Goodreads

“I gave up practically the whole world for you,” I tell him, walking through the front door of my own love story. “The sun, stars, ocean, trees, everything, I gave it all up for you.”   

I've read quite a lot of great reviews of this one. But at that time, I wasn't quite entranced with the idea of falling for all those high rate stars and reviews. Now I know the reason why readers are deeply in love with this book. I actually read this after Heir Of Fire and to be honest, I had a book hangover of it at that time. So when I started reading I'll Give You The Sun, almost my mind cannot see how these twins are close to each other. But of course, as I moved on the pages, the characters finally made sense to me and I was able to link how they all suffered.

The thing is, I didn't know how Noah and Jude can be so close to each other and in a snap, they just lose their connection. It was like cutting the string of their hearts. Noah totally made it's point that Jude is on her puberty stage and hanging out with boys became quite normal. But he didn't know is that there are reasons behind those actions, the kind of regret and remorse she had. Jandy Nelson delivered a slow process of revealing the truth of all the secrets they had. Her words are all heartbreaking and anything that a human can describe the way their hearts ached.

Aside from that, I love how Noah embraced his own insights of his gender. In our generation now, people fall in love with the same gender and some people are against it. But in this book, the openness of getting attracted with the same gender is just as normal as it gets. People has their weakness in some aspects and it is wonderful.

Jude's heart is quite different to me when I started reading it. All I see is her jealousy to her twin and her competition for their mother's love and recognition. In the mixture of emotions and art, Jandy Nelson pointed out the beauty and its flaws. The words collided wonderfully from its blank canvas. But most importantly, this one is seriously unpredictable. I find myself building the pieces together until I reach its plot twist, definitely the book that I want. Give yourself a treat and read this book. You'll see how anything can connect into another one and give everything just to have it all by yourself.

Share:

0 comments