The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord


*images are from Pinterest*


Title: The Start of Me and You # 1
Author: Emery Lord
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ISBN: 1619639386 (ISBN13: 9781619639386)


Synopsis:

It's been one year since it happened...

When Paige Hancock's first boyfriend died in a swimming accident, she shut out almost everyone. Now Paige has decided it's finally time to rejoin the world, and she has a plan. First on the list: go out with Ryan Chase, her longtime and newly single crush. And last on the list: swim. Terrifying, yet possible?

But when Ryan's sweet, nerdy cousin Max moves to town and recruits Paige for the QuizBowl team (of all things!), her perfect plan is thrown for a serious loop. Starting over isn't easy, but Paige knows the scariest things are usually the most difficult. Can she face her fears and open herself up to life and love again?

Source: Goodreads
In books, sometimes the foreshadowing is so obvious that you know what’s going to happen. But knowing what happens isn’t the same as knowing how it happens. Getting there is the best part.

To be honest, I had low expectations for this book. I was expecting that this will be a typical contemporary romance plot with cliche scenes, but Emery Lord proved me so wrong. The Start of Me and You is the kind of book that I will read whenever I feel down. It has all the elements that I wanted on a plot, a friendship, family, trust, and romance. It is a whole packaged book that I did not expect I’ll have an obsession with!

The Start of Me and You is about a girl, Paige Hancock who’s boyfriend drowned in which the rest of town looks at her as The Girl Who’s Boyfriend Drown. Everyone shows a deep empathy to Paige, it felt like everyone treats her as a broken glass that will be fragile in a very long while. The plot thickens with Paige’s journey on leaping herself to the things that she wanted to change and the fear she wanted to overcome.

Guys, this is the book is not only lovable but it is also filled with the friendship that keeps me up on turning the pages. You see, this is my first Emery Lord book, I never thought I’ve been missing a lot on this author. This book is more than a gem to me. 

Starting off with her friends, Tessa, Kayleigh, and Morgan. Having a longterm friendship indeed requires a lot of trusts and sometimes, argument arise, but in the end, when someone is in need, they all comfort each other and make jokes around it. I find it as one of the greatest plot devices of this book, the friendship that she had clearly made my reading more enjoyable than I ever imagined.

Secondly, Max Watson, I MEAN COME ON IT IS MAX WATSON. This is the right guy that everyone should definitely fall in love with. Captain of Quiz Bowl team, extremely attractive and a quirky kind of man. He’s one of the characters that I immensely fall in love with. Throughout the book, Paige and Max developed a romance they haven’t expected to blossom. Emery Lord interprets their feelings very brightly. You can see the doubt in Paige’s mind but her heart tells the opposite. And Max, he is such an honest and caring type of man.

Start of Me and You is the perfect book for you when you need to experience an unbreakable friendship, a fateful love the-second-time-around, and an unexpected romance. Now I am actually on my journey to marathon all of Emery Lord’s books. I still cannot believe how oblivious I was not to notice her! 

Share:

0 comments