The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Title : The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author : Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.


Source : Goodreads

A fierceful book that will make you think anything is more than what you see nor expected. It will give you a twisted romance and horror in every chapter until the end. Keeps your mind thinking what really happened on the accident. Was it real or just an hoax? Just a creation of a selfish mind? It'll give you a shudder and suspense once you get to read more and more of it. It also has a deep mixture of mystery and suspense.

Waking up after surviving an accident then realizing you are the only survivor, you'll definitely keep on lurking more and more on this suspenseful story. Mara from the start, I swear it think she's just a psycho that will end up to an asylum right after, but then I began to understand the scenes and situations that the accident occurred. I was really confused because when I finished every chapter or three I think I've somehow connect all the parts then when I proceed with another chapter it just gives me another twist. It was mind-boggling! It will keep thinking what more did happened on the asylum with her friends.

Noah Shaw, he's HOT! He's words, gestures, looks, and that eyes of him that makes me wanted him to come out of the book. He is a mysterious guy that will keep you wanting for more.

I keep on thinking how did Mara suddenly acclaimed that certain gift or should I say a curse. Michelle Hodkin just puts me into another genre of mystery and horror with a twist of romance. It leaves me on a deep question if Jude, Rachel and Claire really died. I know that Jude keeps on hunting her, but there could be more than that. I wonder what will happen next.

Overall, I am obsessively curious for The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

Share:

0 comments