Being a booklover is one of the most unexpected event for me throughout the year and the year before. Because when I was a kid, I can't even finish The Little Prince that my mother bought for me. I was just looking and searching for another page that has a picture on it. Pretty childish, right? Bottomline is that, I never thought that books has the ability to take me into a new place and people. There are times that I felt that I know some of the characters in my heart beforehand.
Here are the list of BEST bookish happenings for me:
1. Tahereh Mafi's Unravel Me signing event.(COME TO ME, WARNER!)
2. The start The Fault in Our Stars movie adaptation. (ALL THE FEELS!)
3. The finale of The Infernal Devices trilogy. Clockwork Princess (TEAM WILL, FOREVER!)
4. Kiera Cass's The Elite launch and signing event. (IT IS HARD TO CHOOSE, LADY AMERICA)
5. I read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and then I became instantly addicted to cry a lot more with his books. (HASSAN! :'( )
6. Inside Their Literary Thoughts blog feature was born because of SJ Kincaid. (THIS IS TRUE!) She's my first featured author and the very first author that I bravely my emailed interview questions.
7. Ransom Riggs visited our country for the signing event of his book Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children (I WANT TO BE PECULIAR.)
8. Item # 1 and Item # 7 are engaged and married. (OTP!!! A SHIP THAT'LL SAIL FOREVER)
9. Alyson Noel, Melissa dela Cruz, and Margaret Stohl visited our country for a grand signing event. (BOOKNERDS ASSEMBLE!)
10. I read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Awww. The pain. (iT STILL HURTS)
11. Last but not the least, Allegiant by Veronica Roth. The unexpected ending. (EVERYTHING HURTS, OKAY?)
This all sums up my 2013 as a booklover and book blogger.
Another thing, I would like to give thanks to all my book blogger friends who are always active on twitter every single time. I am really lucky that I met them. I'd also like to thank the publishers who approved my requests on NetGalley. It means a lot to me. Most specially to HarperCollins for heartwarmingly giving me books. Thank you. Thank you.
Hmmm...this post is not yet the end. Because to celebrate the year 2014, I'll be giving away a paperback copy of An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. It is one of the hilarious books that I read. (PH ONLY)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! GODBLESS US ALL!