Pinoy Book Tours: Love,Lucy by April Lindner

Love, LucyTitle : Love,Lucy
Author : April Lindner
Rating: 4.5 Stars!!!

Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: January 27th 2015 by Poppy
Source copy : From Pinoy Book Tours

Synopsis:

While backpacking through Florence, Italy, during the summer before she heads off to college, Lucy Sommersworth finds herself falling in love with the culture, the architecture, the food...and Jesse Palladino, a handsome street musician. After a whirlwind romance, Lucy returns home, determined to move on from her "vacation flirtation." But just because summer is over doesn't mean Lucy and Jesse are over, too.

In this coming-of-age romance, April Lindner perfectly captures the highs and lows of a summer love that might just be meant to last beyond the season.


Source : Goodreads


"Tell me the princess chooses love over duty"
- Jesse

I'd like to thank Pinoy Book Tours for making a book tour of Love, Lucy. I seriously wanted to read this book from the moment I saw Florence, Italy on the synopsis. There is nothing more interesting than reading a new place and live inside with it for just a little while. And I am so delighted that Love, Lucy met all of my needs and wants in a book.

Anyone would really want to take some chances to have an escape before they enter the doors of real world. I am totally into it when Lucy took the risk to have a vacation and switch her dreams from what her father wanted to do in the beginning. I loved how fathers will always be the shield of their sons or daughthers but sometimes, it can be a bit brittle I suppose, to strangle them to change their dreams and dictate what's really the best for them. That is why I feel so jealous with Lucy for being brave and taking chances to go to a place she dreamed of living.

Jesse is remarkably resilient while Lucy was the fragile lady being caged with her father's dreams. The characters were entirely different to each other and yet beyond their wavering emotions and the city streets of Italy, it sparked a moment of romance. I was so in love the way Jesse was able to undress the hidden dreams and talents of Lucy when it comes to music. The boy is like a natural speaker that reverberate Lucy's heart all at once. I can almost hear their music raising in the book, delivering the loudness and muteness of life. 

I am not just in love with the characters. Florence, Italy became my dream place to live in. The people who are so sweet and open with their feelings, who wouldn't fall in love with those so easily. Also, the different places like Piazza del Duomo. I am willing to risk all of my fortune just be in that place. April Lindner engaged the readers into the photographic places with an outward beauty.

Then I noticed as I was continuing and making progress with every chapters, I suddenly felt an ache in my heart when Lucy and Jesse leave and became separated to face real life situations - college.  I have no idea how April Lindner was able to dig a hole in my heart and leave it empty the moment both of the characters were so far away. It felt like there was a three dimensional barrier that Lucy and Jesse were not able to destruct and all I wanted is for them to take all the chances they've got to be with each other. The characters were holding back their feelings because of responsibilities. I never felt so sad with that point to be honest. I can almost feel Lucy's tears to stay strong and face all of it. Also, I pity Jesse's situation the moment he can't do anything much but just to stare Lucy at a distance. Nothing hurts more than being so near yet so far with the girl a guy loves.

But reaching the peak of the ending is definitely the memorable part. These characters who met and fall in love with each other in the boundless walls of Italy were able to reunite and kiss away all the sadness they've been through. It's also the way they missed each other so much their heart sings with a melody I can listen endlessly. Love, Lucy effortlessly made it to reach down to the center of my innermost desire of romance and adventure.




Share:

0 comments