After The End

After the End (After the End #1)Title : After the End(After the End #1)
Author : Amy Plum
Rating : 4.5 Stars!!!
Paperback, HarperTeen, 336 pages
Published May 20th 2014 by HarperCollins (first published May 6th 2014)
ISBN : 0062360078 (ISBN13: 9780062360076)
Source copy : HarperCollins
 
Synopsis : 
 
Amy Plum follows up her internationally bestselling Die for Me series with this engrossing, fast-paced adventure. When Juneau discovers that everything she's been raised to believe about her life is a lie, she has no choice but to set out into an unknown world to rescue her family. World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there. At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life. When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie. Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past. 
 
Source : Goodreads 

"I want to be someone she respects. Admires. But in order for that to happen, I'm going to have to change. To become stronger. As strong as her." 
- Miles

Let me simply start this review by saying After The End is my first Amy Plum book. Hence I won't able to compare it anything with her previous series but all I can say is that, AMY PLUM IS A GENIUS. After The End is oozing with uniqueness and ease. 

Told with the POV's of Juneau and Miles, these characters enabled me too see things differently. One who comes from an isolated place and the another who's from a modern area. But its not difficult to switch and read into someone elses place. In fact, I can feel the entire difference of their world. Amy Plum is undeniably a perplexing author! 

The first part of the story is very mystifying to me. I actually cant grasp the idea of Yara and the reason why Juneau's clan is striving to surivive and exist with the principles of Whit. Its arduous for me to imagine how and why Yara is so essential to them. Its like the kernel of their humanity and I cant help to be fascinated about it.

Juneau's description of Yara is like capturing a wolf. You need to keep your eyes and mind concentrated. Then when I was deeply comprehending all about Yara, it felt like I am not just reading lines by lines, I am also trying to connect with Juneau and the Yara. Its marvelous how a certain concept can keep me stay on alert with the characters emotion.

Then as After The End emerges to reveal of Juneau's life, Miles entered in her life or I should say destined to be with her. The character of Miles is actually close to my judgement since he lives in a modern world. iPhone and skyscraper buildings are normal to him unlike Juneau. 

Reaching with Miles POV feels like experiencing a war inside of him. He is squished out on what side he should be, on Juneau or his father. I find it fascinating how he decides to pursue what the first thing that comes in his mind. 

When I was drawing near the end, the truth behind Juneau's clan, Whit and the Yara is another total knock out to me. The very detail of Juneau's connection with the nature is simply unparalleled. It was even mouth-watering for me because I am jealous of her clans ability to link and be stable along with nature itself only.

Also, how can I even resist to giggle like a fangirl again because Miles is so outstanding! Outstanding in such a way that the moment he understood the truth behind his father's plan for Juneau's clan, the ordinary boy suddenly switched into a chivalrous man.

After the End is one of the books that is swiflty perfect for me. I extremely recommend it to readers who already read Divergent(Veronica Roth) or Taken(Erin Bowman) and the like, you'll grip on this series because the end will leave its readers in awe. 

THANK YOU HARPERCOLLINS!!! I love you all!!

Share:

2 comments